POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : World Community Grid : Re: World Community Grid Server Time
28 Apr 2024 03:44:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: World Community Grid
From: feet1st
Date: 12 Mar 2009 18:55:01
Message: <web.49b991b5e57dbb08a45f86ff0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom> wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 11:24:18 -0700, Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom> wrote:
>
> >I'd much rather just give the $25 to a homeless person.
>
> That's what I do. At least I know that the homeless person can get a bite to eat
> or a drink to help get to sleep.
> --
>
> Regards
>      Stephen

Then you have the problem of how do you know the person is homeless? There are
those that pack the dog and the cardboard sign in the car and drive over to
where lots of people go by, and sit there until they've got much more then is
required. Haven't you read the stories about the beggers outside of Wal-mart
making more, and tax free, then the employees on the inside of the Wal-mart?

Why don't you trust your government to KNOW which people are truely needy and
allocate appropriate money to provide enough food for them?

So you see, even the simplicity of giving to the needy can this alternative view
possible. "I'm not qualified to decide which homeless person really needs my
help, so I pay my taxes and count on the experts, which all work for the
government I guess, to do it." So, I suggest you save your $25 and instead give
them a case of soup, and two gallons of water. These things can't really be used
for any purpose other then your intended purpose.